Home >> Case Studies >> Web Based Requisition Approval System Custom Application Development
Web Based Requisition Approval System Custom Application Development
The client is an ISV providing administrative software applications to the K-12 education market. The client's application software products include web based Financial and Student Administrative Software (grades K-12) among other education market and educational software applications.
Project: Web Based Requisition Approval System Application Development
Application: Web Based Requisition Approval Process
||IBM AS/400, OS/400
||RPGLE, CL, RPG/400, CGIDEV
The Client Requisition System provides pre-PO encumbering functionality. Users can enter a requisition which reserves (but does not encumber) a certain budget amount towards the purchase of goods or services. Each requisition, based on settings assigned to its originator, is routed through a list of reviewers/approvers.
Each reviewer/approver sees the requisition after other reviewers lower in the approval list have approved the requisition. If all reviewers approve the requisition, a purchase order will be generated into the Client Budgetary Accounting System and the funds will be encumbered. This review and approval process was a 5250 “green screen”-based process.
The project involved extending the Client Requisition System to provide a web-based interface to the requisition approval/rejection process including maintenance functions.
Approvers can change a requisition, remove its status, approve all pending requisitions, view requisitions based on their status. All this functionality was provided through the web-based interface.
The Web-based system has following capabilities.
- User level security and controlled access to application.
- Controlled Access to Requisitions through selection methods similar to those available in the 5250 “green screen” application.
- Capability to change a requisition, remove its status and approve it.
- Capability to approve all pending requisitions.
- Drill-down capabilities to provide the Reviewer/ Approver access to the requisition’s item and accounting information.
- Email notification to next approver on approval list.
- Email notification to the Requisitioner about Approval or Rejection.
- Default "ship to" location can be assigned to a user.
- Requisition approval by multiple selection criteria, including specific user, batch, status, vendor, and dates.
- Maintenance of prior entries without changing programs.
- Option to allow or disallow overspending of accounts tied to each user.
- Ability to enter account numbers after each requisition item or at the end of the requisition as a whole.
- Requisition can be tagged as current or future.
We developed all modules of the Requisition Approval Process, which involved Application software Design, Database Design, GUI Design, User Interface Development, Web Based User Interface Design, Backend Development and implementation.
Project Manager – 1 Project Manager
Team Leaders – 1 Team Leaders
Software Designers – 1 Designers
Developers – 5 Developers
Testers – 1 Testers
Graphic Designer – 1 Graphic Designer