Smartphones have entered almost every house nowadays and become the most important part of our daily routines. After waking up in the morning people first check their unread Whatsapp messages, then instead of opening the newspapers they open news apps in their mobiles. To go somewhere, they book cabs through mobile apps and also order foods online through food delivery apps. Apps like Amazon, Ebay bring every needs at then doorsteps. This is how mobile apps have cloaked people’s lives. Along with that Mobile App Development is upgrading day after day. Everyday the researchers come up with a new invention or technology that can be implemented on mobile apps.
So here are 10 new trends of mobile app development:
- AMP: 4 Years back, Google has announced Accelerated Mobile Pages or AMP Project. They help the web apps to run lot faster on mobile devices by reducing the bounce rates in large amount. That means it has increased the publishers with large rate of visibilities and ads. Google has also announced that there will be a separate search index for mobile pages. Therefore AMP is a certain top level trends in mobile app development.
- AR & VR: These are the two revolutionary trends on mobile app development nowadays. The expected market size of AR has increased to $18.9b and on the other hand VR is increased with $16.1b. Although statistics says that VR will not show a rapid growth but AR might reach at the top level of growth by the end of 2020.
- AI: We can now see different types of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in our mobile phones especially with our mobile cameras. Compared with 2018 the investment on AI has increased 300% in 2019. This is how AI technology is growing in the market. Mobile companies come up with different AI technologies integrated in their products. That’s the reason AI has become the most popular trend in 2020.
- Cloud Driven Mobile Apps: We all are aware of cloud technology in recent days. Cloud computing has now finally made its space for mobile apps. Huge mobile apps are being run from the cloud servers using minimum internal spaces of people’s smartphones. Clouds like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc. has driven 90% of mobile data traffic with a compound annual growth rate of 60%. Therefore cloud driven mobile apps are surely one of the biggest trends in today’s world.
- Enterprise Apps: Enterprise apps has become one of the popular trends in mobile app development. These apps can do large things like managing business or company team meetings or project submissions etc. where multiple tasks are being performed from multiple users in multiple places. These are not similar to the micro-apps like facebook massengers or any to-do list apps where single tasks are being performed at a time. As per the recent reports, 77% business owners have found enterprise apps useful and 66% of them have already started investing on it. It is expected that this investment can reach up to US $430 billion by the end of 2020.
- Security Apps: One of the recent trends of mobile app development is building security apps. Data bridges and data theft have become the most common issue for mobile apps. Hackers started coding different apps that can share your device’s information and people only sharing those information by giving access of the device storage to the app. Therefore Technology is on its way to prevent data theft with different types of security apps.
- Wearable Devices: Wearable device is also a latest trend in mobile development. Devices like android or iOS watch, VR box, QR scanner etc. are directly attached with the mobile. Companies like Apple, Huawei and Samsung have taken the lead in this part by inventing different types of advanced wearable devices. Reports says that the growth rate of manufacturing these devices have increased by 20.3% and it is expected that over 213.6 million units will be shipped by the end of 2020.
- Internet of Things (IoT): All these above mentioned things and technologies are mostly unusable without proper internet speed. The proper growth of internet can give better result. Therefore researchers are trying to speed up the internet connection. The spending on Internet of Things or IoT is expected to reach up to $745 billion in the year 2020 and surpass the amount by 2022 also.
- M-Commerce: In these days, using of credit and debit cards has been decreased gradually as the uses of UPI or VPA payments are making their places in mobiles. People prefer to make purchases and payments through Google Pay and Apple Pay. And this gives a push to m-commerce. In terms of customer loyalty, wearable devices are making their ways to create a better bond with m-commerce.
- ChatBots: One of the top mobile app development trends in 2020 is the chatbots. There are various reasons behind this. The most important one is that the chatbots are providing interactive conversational experience to the users. Virtual assistants like Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri and Bixby are making more impact on today’s people. Research says that the market revenue from the chatbots will reach US $1250 million by 2025.