Cloud adoption has now become an integral part of IT Optimization because the organizations increase their investment in cloud computing in terms of driving the business forward. Cloud Migration makes the businesses more agile, improves the inefficiencies and provides much better customer experiences. By using the platforms like Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) etc. the organizations have so many choices of using cloud computing with different features and technologies. It surely gives the organizations a complete serverless backend. By running the assets continuously through hybrid cloud models, the companies can easily start grabbing the benefits of cloud technologies.
Cloud Migration helps improving the workload scalability, operational performances and security of an organization. The businesses can migrate the data and workloads quickly and virtually from any source with the help of Cloud integration.
Here are 5 easy steps to migrate the applications into the cloud:
- Develop a Strategy: With the help of cloud computing you can easily give priority to your business strategies and objectives not by thinking about the technology to execute them.
- Identify the right application: To make a successful migration, you need to select the appropriate cloud application first. There are so many applications that are not compatible in public cloud but in private or hybrid cloud. For some applications, some in-depth coding is required in order to make them cloud compatible. A perfect analysis and implementation will lead to a perfect migration.
- Secure the right cloud provider: A perfect migration depends on the selection of proper cloud provider is very much important. A good cloud provider will help and guide with the steps and instructions during the transition. Before choosing the cloud provider, there are some key questions that need to be asked – including the third-party, what are the tools available with the provider in order to make the process easier? Can the provider support private, public and multicloud environments at a large scale?
- Maintain Operational Continuity and Data Integrity: During the time of cloud migration, some sensitive data can be exposed as protecting data integrity is so critical. Therefore a post migration data validation is very much important in order to check that whether there is any interruption or not apart from normal operation.
- End-to-end approach: Cloud Service providers must have a robust & proven methodology in order to address all the aspects of the entire migration process. This will comprise of the framework that manages complex transactions on a consistent basis.
These are the 5 very important and easy steps of making a cloud migration successful.