SharePoint has now become one for the most essential web service developed by Microsoft. Presently it has over 200 billion user base in 75000 business destinations all over the world. Now the question might come to mind that why this web service has become so popular and what are its key advantages? At the beginning it has come up as an app for enterprise document management. Later it has been developed into a perfect platform to help the users and team members in software development and communication. Before we move towards the advantages of SharePoint we just need to take a glance on what is Sharepoint?
SharePoint is a web based application that is being used for storing data. It is also used for collaboration and for document management in rigorous enterprise environments. SharePoint is widely used for building sophisticated web apps. SharePoint developers primarily find this web based app helpful when it comes to store, share, collaborate and access data from multiple devices without restraint.
Advantages of SharePoint
- Unmatched Collaboration: Thanks to SharePoint team members can easily remain connected while being able to share files and updates throughout a app development project. The latest collaboration features of SharePoint allows real time streaming of information allowing more ease in accessing and sharing information within an organisation.
- Custom Suited to Development Need: With SharePoint, the developers enjoy the ease of integrating various features in any application of your choice. You can tweak the components and integrate them as per your suitability for the development project in question. The entire user experience can be treated with custom attributes associated with your business brand.
- Easy To Handle Centralised Administration: SharePoint allows deeper control and comprehensive mechanism to administer the whole platform. It comes with a console for central administration which allows all the app management features, system specific settings, backup, restoration and upgrading capabilities, configuration wizards, etc within a single location.
- Robust Security And Integrity: SharePoint comes with robust security and integrity features. The integrated security features of the platform helps protecting the integrity of the app data from all sorts of unauthorized access. Some of these security and integrity features that make SharePoint an ideal collaboration platform include managing permissions, ability to see all the subsequent editing and revisions made to any document and different layers of security both at the level of document and the overall app level.
- Lower Learning Curve And Ease Of Use: Thanks to SharePoint developers now can develop the solutions and business tools without really needing the involvement of a professional developer. This data management and collaboration platform offers optimum ease of use and can be managed without any deep knowledge of coding. Whether you need to update your website or just need to give your development team some specific tools, SharePoint allows you to do so.
With all these advantages SharePoint has become one of the most popular software development companies worldwide.